Welcome to the blog of Samantha Adams. Author of the New Adult Paranormal Romance series, The Immortal Prophecy Saga. Here you will find all the latest news, updates, happenings, release dates for my books and some Indie Author book reviews! I love to hear from my fans, so stop by and say hello, stalk me on twitter or visit me on Goodreads. Happy Reading xx

Wednesday 14 March 2012

My first post...

Well, my first post...where do I start and what do I start with?

First of all, I would like to say welcome to everyone that is reading this, and a big thank you to everyone who has purchased a copy of our debut novel so far.  Furthermore, a big, big thank you to everyone at Goodreads, that has taken time out of their lives to help out two new authors, by reading and reviewing our book.  They didn't have to do it, but they did :)

Just because I love our cover, here is a picture of it :)



The feedback we have received has been brilliant! There is always constructive criticism, which I know most people hate, and yes it may hurt a bit, but ultimately, it will make you a better writer.

When we started writing this book, we wanted people to love the storyline and that so far has been the case.  As authors, that is what we love to hear, and our first goal has been achieved!

What's next...a little about me.

I have always wanted to be a writer and have devoured books since I was a young girl.

The two seem to go hand in hand, but what made me want to write, was that I wanted to make other people feel and experience the emotions I felt when reading a book.  I wanted to make others laugh out loud, get warm and tingly, be inspired by the heroine and fall desperately in love with the hero.In this day and age, everyone has a need to escape the realities of life, and what better way to do that, than reading a book which takes you to another world.



We decided to write a YA PNR romance because that is something that I personally read and love, and it is a genre that you can create and have a lot of fun with.  There are no rules, it just has to be believable!  Kay decided she wanted the vamps in our story to be bad guys.  We both loved the idea of going old school, and returning to the bad vampire theme.  Once we made this decision, the Immortals were born.  

It is so much fun to be able to write a novel with someone else, bouncing ideas off each other and creating personalities and characters.  And it's even more fun when your co-author is your mum :)  The difference in our ages and experiences with the paranormal genres made the concept of our book stronger.  The bad vampire thought was something from her generation.  She loves twilight as much as I do, but she is still adjusting to the concept of 'good' vampires, as she isn't used to it.  Fright night, for example, is the kind of Vampire that my mother's generation grew up with, so it's quite a difference to go from Jerry, the evil vamp next to door to Edward Cullen, the 'vegetarian' vampire.

Outside of writing, I am a 26-year-old  stay at home mother to our toddler, Joshua.  I am also lucky enough, to be married to my hero and the love of my life, Scott.  We have two dogs, Ellie - a golden retriever pup and Coco - a cavalier x maltese.  Both are very spoiled and are best friends with Josh.

Coffee is my addiction, and I don't think I would survive a day without it :)

We love to hear from our fans, so drop by and say hi!

You can find us at Twitter, Goodreads or leave a comment here.

Check out my website - www.samanthajadams.com

And don't forget to have a look at my co-author and mum's website too - www.kayfry.com

Happy Reading xx







2 comments:

skybie said...

Welcome to the monster that is blogging hun...should really update mine one of these days hey?!
xxx

Samantha Adams said...

Thanks! What the address for your blog?

Post a Comment

 
Free Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver