Welcome to the blog of Samantha Adams. Author of the New Adult Paranormal Romance series, The Immortal Prophecy Saga. Here you will find all the latest news, updates, happenings, release dates for my books and some Indie Author book reviews! I love to hear from my fans, so stop by and say hello, stalk me on twitter or visit me on Goodreads. Happy Reading xx

Sunday 1 April 2012

Review - Charmeine by Emily Guido




Charmeine by Emily Guido


Genre: Paranormal Romance
Format: Ebook

My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars


My Review: Charmeine is a story about Tabbruis, a very hunky bloodhunter aka Vampire and Charleen/Charmeine a sassy little lightbearer. 
 
The bloodhunters and lightbearers are mortal enemies and supposed to kill each other on sight.

We start the story with Tabbruis finding himself pulled in a certain direction with no reason or knowledge why.  He has visions of a face that makes him feel alive and whole in a way that he has never felt before.

Charleen/Charmeine is that face.

After a chance encounter, when her life is at stake, they meet and the sparks fly!

The story then continues on with their journey, learning about each other, discovering their past and fighting to save their future.

So what I liked about Charmeine...

For a start, I LOVED that was so different!  I can honestly say I haven't read a story line like this before.  Lightbearers (Angels) and Bloodhunters (Vampires) is a whole new twist that I really, really enjoyed.

I loved Tabrruis, even though he was a knucklehead at times, as all good heros are.  And I loved Charmeine for her strong sense of faith and trusting.  I admit i wanted to slap her a couple of times for overreacting but i still loved her.

It was such a sweet and almost innocent love story with insinuated love scenes as opposed to steamy scenes.  This was actually something i liked and didn't like.  I like the sweet innocence, but I did want the steamy scenes.

A lot of the book is a real page turner, and i found myself hooked and thinking about what was happening when I wasn't reading it.

Now the not so positives -

Even though this was a wonderful novel that i really enjoyed, and plan on reading the next one also, it had a few problems.

The biggest problem for me was the editing.  All through the book, I found spelling errors, missing words or misused words.  I kept on reading but it does tend to jolt you out of the story.  It just needs another edit, so this is simple enough to fix.

The sentence structure and dialogue could flow a bit smoother in some places but that could be fixed with another edit too.

The only problem with the story line that I found, was that the characters were too familiar to quickly at times.  I wont say who it was because I don't want to ruin the story, but when someone finds out they are related and instantly starts referring to them as Mom or Dad and then someone else who has never met them before starts saying that, it feels to familiar. 

If the above was fixed, I would give this novel 5 stars!

Despite the editing, I really enjoyed this and wouldn't hesitate to read more books by this author! Looking forward to reading the next in the series - Ransom.

Well done Emily, this a great debut novel!


Available for purchase at Amazon and Barnes & Noble.

To find out more about Emily click the links below.


Happy Reading xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver